08-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #83
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Do not get too carried away. There are several inaccuracies in those articles.
It is not an M5 with a Diesel engine.
Thank you. I don't think anyone has come up with 100 hp/L in a large diesel engine yet. BMW has the 2.0 that makes a little more than 100hp/L in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryce View Post
They had better not put an ///M badge on this...

SUV's, turbo charging engines, now a diesel? They're betraying all the things that made me, and I'm sure pretty much every other true bimmer afficianado, fall in love and reapect the brand...

Upsetting..
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5-EE View Post
I don't get you guys. What's with all the hate about a potential M5-inspired diesel? Don't you realize that the technology is changing and we should all embrace it? I've got a E60 M5 at the moment and my brother's driving a F10 535d. And guess what? I'd take the 535d over my M5 any day of the week. The fuel consumption is awesome and there's plenty of power and torque. I can't imagine what kind of beast would a M550dX turn out to be. Let's just say I won't be going after the F10 M5 right away - I'm probably waiting for the diesel version. And since I live in the Northern Europe, I would die for a xDrive version of the M5 / M550d. There's A LOT of snow during the winters and I'm just plain-stuck with ma M5 constantly. I do have special winter tires as of last year, but it's still not good. Not good at all. Having an xDrive would also mean I could have more fun (faster corners, etc).

Now let's get back to the whole ''diesel sucks'' issue. I bet all of the morons saying that were the same morons yelling ''fu*k automatic transmission.'' Remember that, huh?! You were all saying ''no man drive an automatic car'' and ''manual is the way to go''. I guess you were wrong - automatic transmission turned out to be way faster (not to say more comfortable for everyday use).
In 5 years, you will be overwhelmed by the diesel-powered engines. And I will be there to remind you ''I told you so!!''.
You obviously don't know what an //M car is suppose to be... then BMW came out with the new X//M cars and now the 1M. It's sad, but //M only stands for MARKETING now instead of Motorsport.
What's even more sad is, people are actually buying them and they're selling in better numbers than BMW anticipated. It's even more sad that so many people buy the M3 with a sun roof over the carbon fiber roof.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0