View Single Post
      03-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
CarbonFiberCreations
Rep
Drives: 3-series

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
If the location is indeed is indeed in WA state, I am doing a factory tour!

It's not that surprising, WA is getting a lot of experience in CF of late. Thanks to the Boeing Dreamliner being built here.
My friend's shop builds the tail sections and wing sections for Boeing He's in southern Cal. Boeing is a great company to work for from what i hear, but you always, ALWAYS know the ax will come down within a couple years of being hired. They turn over labor like mad. I personally wouldn't mind because i can always return to my own carbon business. maybe i should move to cali or seatle.

Boeing or BMW... call me [

well if BMW is looking to keep costs down Seatle area would be good for the reason that Torray makes cf cloth in Washington i believe. BFG factory also makes carbon fiber... and Saertex has a warehouse in Florida i believe. all of which could potentially cut costs of trucking in carbon fiber... especially pre-preg that has to be shipped frozen.
Arizona would be a nice prime location also.... cheap labor skilled labor, city tax grants, cheap warehouse buildings... so many are vacant right now. Close proximity to airports in Mesa, Scottsdale, and Phoenix locations. Dry climate so heating buildings is not expensive.

Last edited by CarbonFiberCreations; 03-29-2010 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0