View Single Post
      11-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #28
Jet in Oz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535D

What a great read Clean. Highly entertaining (an ouch here, a chuckle there, and lots of OMG's). There is absolutely no way I would be doing 16 hours on my back on concrete removing and installing that DP. Weren't you stiff for a week after that?

From a cosmetic perspective I actually preferred the all black kidneys as it gave it 'attitude' if you know what I mean. I really like how you look after your paintwork as it seems to have a deep gloss to it ... like it has 10 inches of black lustre ... bee-you-tee-ful. I studied the art of avoiding and removing swirl marks years ago but I think we could all use a refresher on the subject, particularly if you have products you recommend and specific methodologies in their application. I'd actually be interested in reading a thread dedicated to this.

I'm looking forward to seeing what shoes you have planned for your ride as well as the accompanying drop. I have H&R's installed on mine and I can definitely recommend them as being just as comfortable as stock but stiffer in the corners with a lot less body roll. I considered using coilovers but decided against it as I didn't want to go without the EDC for my Adaptive Suspension.

Anyway, keep up the narrative as I'm at least one reader who has subscribed to the next chapter in this story
E36 328 Convertible - Montreal Blue
Appreciate 0