View Single Post
      12-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #34
TShoot
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Mr Clean,

First off, all I can say is WOW!. Your car looks amazing and I can't even imagine trying to change a downpipe without having a garage. I've done my own exhaust work before and swore I would never do it again. So kudos for all of that.

Plus, all of the detailing knowledge is amazing.

I have a couple of quick questions.

Does NYC have emission inspections? If so, wouldn't you automatically fail because of the lack of mufflers (in believe you said you were going to re-install the catted downpipe)

Are you out of warranty with BMW? Because I thought having no mufflers would cause issues (as above, I thought you said you were going re-install the catted downpipe and remove the JB4 tune before going in).

Wouldn't removing your mufflers cause you to lose low-end torque? Maybe not noticeable with the JB4 tune and MAP your are running. I agree with you that spending $1.5K to $3K on an exhaust system seems excessive. But, some people have the disposable income and like the sound. I would like to get the sound but not spend a couple thousand to get it.

Also, how did you remove the badges from your car (535i and x-drive). What method did you use and what would be the best way to re-attach them if you were going to sell it?

I like what you did just not sure I could get away with it in MD.

Thanks for sharing of the great info!
Appreciate 0