01-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #129
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
so i've been working on correcting the paint for the last few days. god i hate polishing but luckily, its been great weather so i'm not sweating all over the place.

my question...where you able to get all of the swirls out? i had sooooo many swirls that i actually hated to wash the car because that made em more noticeable. however....using Meg's M105 and then the M205, there are STILL some swirls left. i'd say i've gotten rid of about 75% or so. the paint looks great, but i can still see the swirls in direct sunlight.

i want to go ahead and seal it with the CQuartz but i know i'll hate myself if i do it before getting the remaining swirls out of it. but im not even sure its possible...
yes i got all my swirls out! well maybe 90-95%! if you have swirls left don't seal it just yet. not sure of the Meguiar's which one is the most aggressive compound but after the first pass you should have gotten most of the swirls out if you let the product work. if not it could be a number of things you're doing wrong? wrong pad? not letting the product break down and do it's job? not enough pressure on the DA? have you watched JunkMan's videos?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0