Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
STAGE 2.5 UPDATE:
Spent some time with Alex this weekend and though the car is performing well on the 2nd iteration of the Stage 2 tune Alex wanted to data log and check results against actual and fine tune any hiccups. In other words what the tune was programmatically requesting vs what the car was actually physically doing and then adjust accordingly. Last visit to the Dyno which is the first post on this thread, you can see we made 345/504. The graph is all over the place because of my clutch trying to handle 500wtq, insane, we know. I was willing to risk it and so far we discovered that BMW can take a shit ton of abuse. Stage 2.5 is not going to happen on our cars, it's only going to be stage 1, 1.5, 2 or 3. Stage 4 doesn't exist, yet. Stage 2.5 can be better explained by Alex. During the process of discovering request vs actual we came across a very interesting piece of information everyone should be aware of.

Our turbos take a dump starting 3k and fall on its face at 5, but why is that? We found there are some parameters that can be adjusted on the car without breaking safety protocol on the ecu and helps our little baby turbos push a little harder. The main discovery is the difference between LCI production vehicles and non LCI. If you are running a non LCI your turbine exhaust outlet is 3.5. If you're running a late 2013 or higher you're outlet is 4"! Basically those of you behind that year running a tune will never be able to surpass the physical limitations of the hardware and those of you running 4" outlets will rave about a tune. I'm in the non LCI boat, so in order to get to 400whp I need to swap my turbo to a 2014 LCI turbo, and to go even further while we have the turbo out, might as well change out the turbine and compressor wheels.

Additionally, this proves that if your turbo is non LCI and you decide to go Pure stage 1 or 2 speculation based off of this discovery is that a Pure stage 1 on a non LCI turbo will produce about 350-370hp and will hold probably to 6kish. A Pure stage 2 on the same 3.5 turbo will probably be in the 380-400 range. Of course this is unproven on our cars so we shall see. So note if you're going to tune know the limitations and the differences between the two setups. If you want serious power make sure you have the 4" outlet. Alex has proven with his tune on a 4" outlet he can make 400whp. That same turbo with upgraded internals would probably put down 450whp.

All of this is still unfolding and I'll be upgrading and posting results as we progress.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 2
gabypr150.00
Stück801.00