View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #5045
Mik3ymomo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive

I've never sold my stuff. I refuse a lot of work because I enjoy shooting photos. Photography for me is what I do to unwind from work and pursue the things I like and like to do.

As soon as you start taking jobs with your camera you are now shooting to other people's expectations and not your own. I can't think of a better way to ruin something I enjoy and turn it into yet another stressor.

Now if I could shoot whatever I wanted; the way I wanted and people would pay me for the prints or buy them in a Gallery somewhere then I would be ok with it.

On a smaller scale you can submit your stuff to stock photo sites. People tell me that if you build up a big enough library of stuff that gets licensed often you can make an ok income.

I've only had fleeting ambitions to ever make any money with my camera. I could never replace my income no matter how good I was with a camera.

Like Dave said; there is a lot of competition with people who dabble and people like me who give it away to my friends, family and do some charity with the camera on occasion.
I also have better equipment then most pros I ever see.