View Single Post
      07-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #9
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnat View Post
.... 1sept delivery. Very excited & can't wait to try it. Not driven adaptive drive setup so hope it's as good as everyone says!!

Excellent specification, now the wait.

If you are like me, then Adaptive Drive will be one of the best features of the car. The more I live with it the more I like how it sorts the ride and handling.

I posted this observation in another discussion, just this week, on some of the subtle ways it works.

Quote:
.... I do believe we need to know what we want from an active system, and does it deliver? I still marvel at my car and the Adaptive Drive characteristics. Just this morning I was in hilly terrain with a lot of undulating contours, it is the way the rear end damps in response to the changes, flattens the car and controls the compression/rebound as no passive system could running a soft setting. Almost magic carpet, but controlled, even on some strange undulations.

Also running say 'normal' mode you sense the suspension tighten up at speed, but when trundling along at something like 45mph with the traffic flow, the whole system softens down and you have refinement you'd never have on any passive system that also controls a car body at speed. The working envelope is so much wider and allows more refinement, without any compromises to primary ride quality when you start working the car hard.
HighlandPete
Appreciate 0