View Single Post
      05-21-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
Corporate Gypsy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3 XLine 2.0d

Strange Blue/Grey colour scheme on map

After extending my Connected Drive subscription for year 4 on my F10 520D Sport (with NBT Professional Sat Nav), the map changed from its normal green/yellow based colour to a very dark blue/grey colour. Probably reflects the weather conditions right now but I want the more colourful original back!
BMW connected drive helpline couldn't help (surprise) and sent me to my local dealer who spent 30 mins saying they'd "never seen that before" and would I like to book in for a diagnostic check!! Cheeky!
Now just noticed that when using the second key, the colour is back to normal but as soon as the first key used its back to blue/grey.
I've never used the "Profiles" option on the car but just a thought. If I opened and started the car with the second (good colour) key and "export" the settings to a USB stick; could I then lock the car, open up and start with the first (bad colour) key and "import" settings from the USB.
Would this transfer all setting from the second (good colour) key to the first (bad colour) key???
Anyone out there know all about the Profiles option and whether what I've suggested is OK or a pile of pish?
Thanks
Appreciate 0