04-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Summer wheel choice!

Hi Everyone,
I have been following this forum for a long time I am not sure why I didn't join up until now! It's been very helpful looking up the different threads and there has been alot of good advise.

I am posting this thread as I am looking to get a summer wheel set (yeah believe it or not it's still freakin cold here) and I have been torn over a few points.

1. Do I stick with the 19 inch size or upgrade? This is an issue as there has been alot of talk about bubbles/tire failures in this forum and I am not sure going a size up would make it any better. Given it could be a tire manufacturer issue ( I have the Goodyears mounted from the factory but only had them on for 2000 Kms before switching to winters) but I reckon a lower profile would complicate the matter.

2. I like the 20 inch wheel size on the F10 it looks perfect, but I am not sure how the ride would feel like. Any input on this is appreciated.

3. I am contemplating lowering the car, I have found that there's at least two brand names commonly used i.e. RD sport and H&R. If anyone has installed any of the two or any different brand would you please let me know how the experience has been for you?

4. I feel a bit compelled to stick to the 19s since I have the summers lying in my garage and I know I will be losing money selling them even though they are practically new! Is this a good enough excuse to forget about the 20s??

Input is much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Dr.MBA
Appreciate 0