View Single Post
      12-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker123 View Post
Collected my F11 m sport in space grey last week and have a question - One thing that annoys me are the auto wipers which for some reason don't work as convincingly as my other car with this feature. The variation switch is pretty useless. When it's raining heavily and I'm at town speeds the wipers don't compensate enough even with the stalk switch at its most sensitive setting, leaving me no option but to use the manual override. It seems to wait until I can't see anything before wiping the screen. When at higher speeds its works better. Is there any other war of adjusting the variation / dealer programming etc?
I'm driving the F11, no issues with my auto wipers, as efficient as previous BMW cars. I'm up in Lochaber, highland region, so auto wipers get a pretty good testing in our climate, in every kind of rain going.

I had a VW which wasn't right, for sensitivity. Turned out it was the sensor, once changed was fine.

One thing I do notice, we do need to keep the screens clean, the rain does need to bead properly for best sensitivity.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0