View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #26
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Well I got an answer back from BMW about disabling auto stop start , no real surpises there but pasting in for info.

Whilst it is technically possible to perform this operation,we are currently are having in-house discussions, as BMW may be obliged to inform DVLA that this modification has been performed, which could affect the way road tax is calculated for the vehicle.I would therefore advise you from going down this route, as the benefits of the MSA stop-start function far outweigh any inconveniences the customer maybe experiencing during their early stages of ownership. Furthermore, BMW customer care clinics have shown that in nearly all cases, customers believe the MSA stop-start function is a valid benefit to have and this is reflected by the growing number of car competitors who are also starting to introduce this feature into their range.Finally, please be reminded that if the vehicle is an automatic, should a customer wish to deactivate the system on one occasion, the brake pedal can be depressed twice in quick succession whilst the vehicle is coming to a standstill.

Seems daft to me as you can turn it off anyway.
Appreciate 0