View Single Post
      03-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
BMW broke all kind of record last year and as a car company, they are as successful as ever. As a consumer, I must say their current lineup is one of the best on the market. Some here might think their current lineup is too soft or doesn’t handle well, but there is no arguing with the sales numbers. BMW have come a long way from being a niche car company of twenty some odd years ago to probably the number one luxury car maker in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21787576
Agree, the current BMW lineup is probably the best ever, something for everyone.

I don't follow the grumblings we read so often on the forums. OK there are a few build issues, but generally we have superb vehicles with options which can give us the ideal build, whatever our taste.

I know for my self, now having lived with an F11 535i M-sport wagon for 6 months, it is every bit a "real" BMW. I go back to my introduction to BMW with my father's New Class 2000, then into my first 5-series E12 528. Father went on to an E3 2500, a 3.0i and then into 7-series models.

The current F11 is the best BMW I've ever owned, no doubt about that at all. And I've had an E39 (540i), many rate the E39 as the pinnacle of BMW build etc., yes superb all round cars which I though I'd never beat, but I just love every mile I drive in the F11. Superb in every way, all the technology, driver selected configurations and options, give me a car I can drive to my mood. The ambience of the car and the feel of the drive, is right where it should be IMO, true BMW, BMW DNA oozing from the car.

Personally I don't think we have ever had it so good with BMW models, if we are not happy with the bread and butter models, and desire the sporting extras, we have M-cars to fill that need.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0