View Single Post
      06-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #47
spyroz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 550i ///M Sport

I did my 13 f10 550i Msport with EDC a few day ago. I must say, it wasn't that hard to do it if you got the right tools and help from a buddy.

For those who have EDC is different than without EDC, The only thing I did different from "hamanncheese" is that:

1. front strut: EDC control sensor is attached to the 550i strut, in order to take this strut out with only losing top nuts, sway link nut, and bottom strut bolt & nut is to remove the EDC control sensor, so that it could clear the control arm.
With the help of a buddy pressing the front suspension down of course. But that's all you need to lose is "top strut nuts, sway link nut, bottom strut bolts and of course EDC control sensor & connector".

2. rear strut: it a bit more easy than the front. Losing top strut nuts, then bottom strut bolt, EDC connector only. That's all you need to losing from the rear to get the strut out, I did not lose any else. Taking it out is a bit tricky but it possible without losing any else. Have a buddy press down on the suspension, then guide the strut out between the break fluid line, do not try to go over the break fluid line, bc it will not clear the top mount.

3. Tools you gotta have, Compact gun and springs compressor.

I did it in 4.5 hrs, just taking my time because I don't want to screw it up. Make sure you tie the rear strut bolt back in pretty good.

Last edited by spyroz; 06-14-2014 at 01:53 AM..
Appreciate 1