View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
garreth64
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 123d M Sport Coupe

New 520d....BMW Online not working

I picked up a 2012 520d ED last week...one of the ex Olympic fleet. Only 1000 miles on the clock and the price they are selling them for seemed too good to ignore.

It's Sophisto Grey/Black Dakota with a good number of extra's, and I'm loving the comfort, quality and refinement so far.

I traded my 123d M-Sport Coupe for it, which was remapped to 240bhp and 500Nm, so it's not quite got the performance but I'm not finding it lacking and it goes quite well when not in Eco mode :-)

My work journey is 70 miles a day mostly on motorways at a restricted 50 or 60 so it's ideal for this purpose, economical, luxurious and more comfortable than my 1 series.

Anyway, it's been back to the dealer's today as I can't get BMW Online or any of the remote Connected drive facilities to work.

I have set up a new Connected drive account, and registered it online. After 4 calls to BMW they suggested I took it too a dealer as they couldn't see anything wrong.

The dealer have had it all day, can see there is a problem, but don't know how to fix it so have raised a case in their Puma system with BMW Germany.

The symptoms are that I can't send anything remotely to the car (Google maps, My Info) etc, can't use the remote phone app, and can't access the BMW online menu or any of the online facilities in the car (It comes up with a message saying "Activate Data Services for Bluetooth Device or contact Service" - see attached). This implies to me it is trying to use my phone for BMW Online and not the SIM in the car.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?, I'm just hoping this isn't going to be one of those issues where the car is back and forth to the dealer. The idrive and connected drive worked fine in my 123d and I didn't have a problem with that car in 3 1/2 years of ownership.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0