03-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

USB under dash/ Scroll Wheel for recent calls

I have the DOT, and until the DOT works, it does not have me
It is probably an ambient light sensor as others have said (since I have NO special options and the basic radio, no Nav, no bugger all).... my speculation is that it might be a small LED to warn you if your alarm went off whilst you were away (e.g strong wind etc. or an actual attempt to break-in)... Need to test this by sitting in the car and turning alarm on

Couple of things I found on this forum which are useful and not documented AFIAK:-

Charger socket under the dashboard on passenger side: feel under the dash near the back of footwell nearer to the centre of car (opposite side to steering wheel). Useful for a USB charger cable that you can keep out the way in the net in the footwell, rather than clogging up you cup tray... or a permanent cable for 'phone or portable Satnav.

Scroll wheel on steering wheel for recent calls: Press TEL twice, and turn scroll wheel for list of names/number you have called on dashboard instrument mini-screen (This of course works for changing radio stations and songs as well, which is documented).

Last edited by jedpause; 03-23-2012 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0