View Single Post
      06-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #11
Aaron@Autosource
Rep
Drives: F110/F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post
Yeah, that caught my eye immediately. The sticker says LCI but the foglamp brackets attached to the bumper are pre-lci.

I'm wondering is some cutrate bodyman fixing the bumper didn't use pre-lci MSport brackets to "fix" ones missing from an MSport bumper... but then the pre-lci brackets should fit because AFAIK the cover itself is the same....
^Correct, they are the same bc I swapped the brackets to LCI on my PreLCI, the brackets should fit only 1 foglight or the other, lci or preLCI.

It also says its for an F18 model, which although is listed as only existing as an LCI model, should not matter since the bracket bolts up.
Well, we'll see when you get to the shop again.
Only 2 things you can try now, put just the foglamp cover on and see if that clips on by itself, to verify if the brackets are aligned correctly(if not the fog cover might not clip on).

And then also to get a picture of which part of the foglight itself you said isnt lining up. You're aware the tab on the back of the foglight has to snap in as well correct? If the top tab on the back isnt lined up at the same time, the 2 bottom screws wont go in as easily.
Appreciate 0