View Single Post
      12-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #43
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA_42 View Post
My standard system is just superb. However, I am sure the type of music one listens to is crucial here. I cannot stand thumping bass, though do appreciate a good solid, tight bass in rock music and I do get that from my car.

However, I mostly listen to classical music and here my system is just sublime. Easily the best I've ever had in a car, a joy. My previous car, a Merc, was awful.

The answer is to try to listen to your own music in the car before you buy. My dealer did not have a Logic 7 available in the F10, but I did hear it in a 3 series. It sounded harsh and not worth the upgrade, so I didn't spend the extra £700-odd.

Later I wished I had, then when the car came I was so relieved because for me the standard system is wicked!

Hope this helps.
DNA

That's suprising because I think the standard system is totally, totally crap. Woeful even, for a £40,000 car. I've tried out various combinations of E90s and F10s with standard (easily spotted by the lack of door tweeters) audio and upgraded audio. The standard system is 4x25W, not enough power to drive the subwoofers, no tweeters, cheap components and distorts at even moderate volume levels. If I had a bedside clock radio that sounded like BMW standard audio, I'd throw it in the bin and go back to a wind-up alarm clock. It's crap.

Appreciate 0