View Single Post
      11-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Thumbs up F10 535i is Drive's Car of the Year (Best Luxury Car Over $60K AUD)

Australian automotive publication "Drive" has named the winners of its 2010 Cary of the Year awards and the F10 535i has won for the Best Luxury Car Over $60k AUD category over the Audi A8 and Jaguar XJ.

Full review and video - http://news.drive.com.au/drive/car-o...118-17yz9.html

Notable comments:

Quote:
One of the best driving four-doors in the world, BMW's 535i is also great at pampering occupants, making it a worthy winner of the Luxury Car Over $60,000 category for Drive Car of the Year in 2010.

BMW's all-new 5-Series sets the new benchmark for handling, though. The 535i felt at ease on the racetrack, while on both road and circuit the BMW entertained with its mighty six-cylinder, sharp throttle response, intuitive eight-speed auto, blistering acceleration and superbly modulated brakes.

Those judges who have tested the new 5-Series on standard suspension say the ride is average, though our DCOTY test car's adaptive dampers improve compliance.

While the 535i is floaty in Comfort mode, it's far more agreeable in Normal.

Judges also embraced the 5's vast suite of technologies and front seats that provided the best balance of support and comfort. The back seat was also considered to be superior in terms of space when compared with the class rival XF.

The 535i wasn't as quiet or well-mannered as the Jaguar overall, though - a fact not ignored by many of the judges. The BMW won, but only by the slimmest margin of all the 13 DCOTY categories: 6-5.

Name:  f10535i.jpg
Views: 6794
Size:  82.9 KB
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0