gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
Gents,

Been lurking for a while as the time to change my car gathers pace.

I have been in S line A4's for 6 years and a 320d M Sport tourer prior to them for 3 years, so I am not completely new to BMW.

I moved to Audi as I found the styling of BMW's not that appealing and the cabin and build at the time was IMO better with the A4.

Anyway........ My list (although very small) has whittled down to a 2.0TDI Multitronic S Line and a 520d M Sport with Sport+ Auto.

Having had the both for a few days, I was a tad disappointed as neither blew me away, although both are a marked improvement on my A4. Both have lots going for them and indeed minuses also, with the big grudge on the F10 being the styling, lack of colours, media quality (maybe not that bad) and my perceived image.

After a lot of thought, I have today made my mind up and I am pretty sure the F10 is for me as it does win in so many areas.

Questions........
1. Any views from chaps migrating from Audi into an F10 would be appreciated?
2. Standard audio. Is it good or is it a must to upgrade?
3. I have read so much on VDC and have ticked the box. Good idea?
4. Real time MPG of the 20d

And Spec...

B90 - Sophista Grey.
LCCX - Oyster/Black Dakota Leather.
2ND - 19" 351M Alloy Wheels.
337 - M Sport Pack.
ZGA - Visibility Pack.
ZGC - Professional Media Pack.
ZGN - Advanced Parking Pack.
233 - VDC.
2TB - Sport Auto Transmission.
614 - Internet.
654 - DAB.
761 - Sun Protection Glass.

Thoughts and guidance would be very much appreciated prior to continue negotiations (pleasantly surprised by level of discount already) with local dealers and pressing the button.

Ta
Pitch
I just bought my F10 - 2 weeks back.
Sophisto Grey looks fab.
I have Oyster/ Oyster, again looks great.
I have chosen VDC and recommend it anyday. All the reviews that you read about saying the car is not as good as without VDC are absolutely right - put in sport mode and the car is a different car. I also have a 3 series Coupe (330), and the VDC makes the F10 a lot sportier - closer to my 3 series. In Comfort+ on potholes, it does glide like a Jag XF. Good decision.
Professional Audio - I have it and it sounds a lot better than my Coupe ( the coupe has the standard audio); so I would get it.
Not too sure about the 19" - the run flats will give you a lot of tram lining, I went for stock 17. This is my personal experience from Coupe with 18" staggered setup.
Visibility pack - a must.
I have comfort pack with power boot lid - great as it can open with both hands full - kick under the boot!
I have the Professional Media Plus pack - the HUD is absolutely awesome, well worth any price.
I have SLI - works great with HUD
I did not go for Parking Pack - have seen it; and is a great option.
Check Ambient lighting as well, not sure it's standard on 520
I also added the Mobile application/ USB interface (not the standard, but add on) - with so many apps like Siri from Apple, it makes it a bit future proof.

You have made the right choice, you'll love the F10.

I did evaluate the Jag XF and the A6; before putting my money on F10. This is my 3rd BMW; all custom ordered; and I have loved them all.

I have driven enough A4, and I think the F10 is a winner.