View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
StealthBomber
Rep
Drives: 530d F11

VDC - essential, good choice. Won't have M-Sport suspension though - has Sport+, Sport, Normal & Comfort setting instead as well as ECO-PRO. This is a GOOD thing - you can choose depending on how you feel.

Audio - I went for the Pro-Audio. At around £700 I think its essential too if you value good quality music - the regular audio was lacking something, a little dull, lifeless. The pro-audio is great quality and clarity and goes louder than is comfortable before distortion becomes apparent - not sure how much louder, as it's too painful to find out.... the good thing not being that you can make your ears bleed, but that you can choose any volume and be happy with the sound. If this was the £2k top option as in an Audi, you'd have to really wonder if it was worth it, but really just £350 more than the business audio, I think its either this or don't bother upgrading at all. I have not heard the business audio mind you, but I am betting the pro is worth the beans.

I was concerned before delivery because I ordered it blind (or deaf!) and some advertise it as having "concert" mode which made me worry about over processed artificial sound - worry not. The affect is subtle and very pleasing - just broadens the feel of the sound so that you are not at all aware you are listening on one side of a glass and metal box. Quite a feat when you consider how close your right ear is to a pane of glass. I have a £3K home system and at that level of fussiness, I am still impressed with it. There are no obvious shortcomings IMO.

If you are not past the point, add it to the list, you won't be disappointed. You can add options during the pre-build phase, up to 4 weeks or so before the car is due for delivery, but ask your dealer ASAP for when that date is. By the way, I got 14% off the list price - got a broker price and managed to get the dealer to beat it.

Last edited by StealthBomber; 07-01-2012 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: added note on discount
Appreciate 0