07-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #37
Mr. Magic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 E46/330 and 2011 F10/535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post
So if my car is in port, then it will be fixed prior giving to me? It is good. Regarding first year redesign production, yes, it is true. However I bought 135i of first year and it is flawless. I had one recall, but it was really optional for my opinion, they replaced tail lights for some reason, although existing ones worked well.
I also read forum about W212 first year redesign production and do not see much complains, MY11 model has very minor changes. So Mercedes reached tom level confidentiality. Even 1 series got much more upgrades for second year and now even got new engine. So my conclusion that automakers finally gained certain level of experience and taking first year redesign production isn't very risky anymore.
I tend to agree major problems in first years are more a thing of the past. I had 2001 E46 for the first year of 330i and no problems. The only headaches were dropping windows off tracks and a fuel pump after 4-5 years. My opinion is we won't know what's really wrong in about 4-5 years with this model, and by that time, the new model will be on horizon.