04-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #55
bmwf11
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMWF11; 996 Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
I just came back now

...When they installed it, They had some software problems, so it took them three days to get it to work, they had to do some reprogramming in München.But now the problem is solved :-)
Sounds like this is not quite plug and play then. Hopefully they have udated the installation guidance on this by now (and maybe the price in light of the 3 days...) Did the problems possibly have to do with the specific 163hk configuration for Norway?
Anyway - greatly appreciate you sharing this experience about the automatic version of the PPK being available. Having waiting for this since I first heard about the kit last year. Thanks a lot.

That leaves the question about the extended warranty. And what happens at service (when there is a software update)?

On second thought I guesss these 3 years extra warranty is actually not much more than the standard consumer law (kjøpsloven) obligation the dealers in Norway have to abide by anyway. Only difference is sounds good coming from the dealers...

ps
I cant help wonder how you killed time wating for 3 days in the otherwise nice city of Lübeck
ds
Appreciate 0