View Single Post
      07-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #115
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HOT BMR View Post
The reason stick shift cars are disappearing is clear - they don't sell. Why? Because everyone has drank the Kool-Aid: i.e. double clutch manuals are faster, better, F1 cars use it, manuals are old technology that we don't need anymore, etc. etc. The truth of the matter is that everyone buying a car with a modern DCT and paddles believes it's going to be/feel better than a manual but in the end they leave the paddles untouched and they drive an automatic transmission car like everyone else. It reminds me of the time when CDs came out (yes I'm that old) and when I told everyone that my vinyl records sounded better to me, they all looked at me like I did not know what I was talking about. Every stereo/audio magazine was going wild about the new technology . . . . perhaps manuals will be recognized again in another 30 or 40 years
I guess vinyl record vs CD is a good analogy for auto vs manual. Analog vinyl record do sounds a bit better than CD, but only if you are using the right amplifier. Much like the manual tranny, it is only fun in the right car, and the F10 is not the right amplifier .
Appreciate 0