04-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
VirtualMayhem
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Question Picked Up My 550i Today - iPod Question

Hello,

I picked up my 550i today (will post some pics tomorrow) and can't seem to get my iPod touch to be recognized when I plug it into the center console with the Y adapter I bought from the parts department. I read through several threads here and didn't see a definitive answer on if this is supposed to work. When I move to the Aux selector in i Drive it says:

Title information not supported by Aux Device.

I can only adjust the volume output of the Aux device, can't select tracks, etc.

I was expecting to be able to use iDrive to select songs off the iPod but in order to play any music I have to select it from the iPod Touch and not via the iDrive controls. That's a pain to have to fumble around that in the center console. I thought perhaps it was because I have one of the original iPod Touches but even a 4th generation Nano plugged in exhibits the same behavior.

Streaming songs from my iPhone 4s to the car works great. I just keep a ton of music on the iPod and would just like to leave it in the car.

Anyone have some suggestions?
2018 M5 In Singapore Gray Metallic | Black Full Merino Leather | Dark Aluminum Carbon Structure Interior | Executive Package | Driving Assistance Plus | 20" Double Spoke Black Wheels | Apple CarPlay | Bowers & Wilkins Audio | Black Kidney Grills | Carbon Fiber Front Splitter | Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler | M Carbon Rocker Panels | Carbon Fiber Read Diffuser
Appreciate 0