View Single Post
      08-31-2010, 10:31 AM   #100
MojoeF10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Here's a bit of an update on my situation:

As I stated in a previous post, I decided to go ahead with the lemon law procedures. BMW received my notification and called me immediately. The person I spoke with said she has discussed the situation with an engineer and there is a software fix for it. She gave me a specific date that I have to bring my car in and she is notifying the service manager of my dealership. She mentioned that the dealership will have some tweaks they have to make to my car before they can update the software. I didn't ask what specifically had to be corrected first.

My car will be serviced in 2 weeks. I don't know if that is when the software fix will be released or if that is just specific to my situation. I'm assuming they are just buying some time, but it sounded like a fix is indeed out there. Based on the lemon law here in FL, if they can't fix it on this final attempt, then I have the right to get a refund or a replacement car (after the arbitration process). Ideally, this situation will finally be resolved for me 2 weeks from now. We'll see how things go...
Appreciate 0