11-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCE90DRIVER View Post
Really ? It's all APPLE's fault ? If that is the case then why does BMWs latest Bluetooth Software update (released AFTER 6.0) address "Bugs" and "improve performance" when using iOS 5.0 ?? ...a year late. Actually, I feel it's embarrassing how BMW drags it's technological ass when compared to its inferior Asian rivals.

So, lets not place the blame solely at Apple's feet shall we ?
It's not solely Apple's fault but they are greatly to blame. They run their own custom Bluetooth stack and pick/choose which protocols to support within it. The secrecy with respect to hardware and software launches hampers third party companies like BMW.

I'm an avid Apple user and spent 5 years of my life at the company. I left because of bureaucratic bull and the cowboy culture that existed. It's still pretty damn prevalent. The more iPhones Apple sells, the less likely they are to change their ways, because their formula works. I don't agree with it but just have to live with it.

To answer your question about 6.0.1: No improvements on my iPhone 5. On my dev iPhone 5 running 6.1 Beta, it's even worse. I'm not sure what they're doing/changing.