07-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
mko9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
Thanks for the pictures, this somehow clarifies to me that even with the option folding rear seats and casing for the isofix the space between the isofix hooks and the seat belt is still the same, what a screw up from BMW, how they managed this I am not sure, especially when the E60 was fine a nice clearance between the two, hence easy job for my kids and myself.
I see no difference between the Britex car seats I have and the BMW one, since they are the same Britex seats rebranded, I be testing one next time at the dealer.
Resurrecting a dead thread, but I am working the child seat issue so I thought I would share some data points.

First off, the spacing on ISOFIX and LATCH are specified by EU/DOT/whoever. BMW didn't decide on the spacing of the fittings, but they did decide on the location and structure.

I bought this car to replace an e46 330i when we had our third child. Our kids are currently 5 (booster), 2 (forward facing convertible), and 4mo (bucket). I ended up with 2x Diono Malibu for the older kids, and a Chicco Keyfit bucket in the middle. The bucket is a little bit wedged in between the two other seats, but it clicks into the base without too much effort. I had to buy a seatbelt extender for the passenger side seat, as there was no way to get at the buckle in between the two seats. But in the end, all three fit and I get to keep a sedan, and don't have to drive an SUV or minivan everyday.

'04 330i ZHP
'11 535i
Appreciate 0