View Single Post
      01-04-2018, 07:21 AM   #30
Sight1
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 535d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
This!!!! I grew up in Europe and even then we refused to buy diesel cars. There is no way I would even consider one in the US given low gas prices.

There was a 535d that dealer was offering a much larger discount on when I was buying my 535i and I passed and will always pass. It's msrp was 72k and I rejected it for $59k..... I still have it's build sheet somewhere.

No regrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
^^^Again very well said. And clearly the sales of D vs I reflects that in the US.

There will always be some fan boys out there who think D's are cool and want to save further $$$ with already 50% off gas prices when they purchase a $70k car.

If long term reliability is a concern, I would once again go with I as there are so many of them around and repairs will be well known unlike the odd duck Ds. Again only for US market.
You are calling people who buy diesels fan boys but you haven't given any reasons not to buy one and actually are stating a real reason to buy one over gas cars; the savings for high millage drivers.

You state you grew up in Europe where you refused to buy diesel even though the extreme price of gas so it seems like you are a fan boy of gas cars due to seeing them cooler than diesel. Just saying.
Appreciate 0