View Single Post
      05-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #51
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

There is something about the e39 that separated it from so many others! It's like any song from the Carpenters.

Sing! Sing a song!

Okay, that was corny and well deserving of your barf smileys.

Nevertheless, it's true. The e39 is timeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.S. View Post
You should have bought another brand. As apparently what most of us around here appreciate about bmw has no or little value to you.
I don't mean this in a critical way. Each one has different values. You probably would have been happier in a lexus or infinity.
Gadgets and little annoyances are not as important to me as much for instance as the joy of actual driving the best car on the road overshadows them all.
If i could not buy f10 and was presented with a choice of all the competing cars out there and still keeping my e39 for instance i'd take my old e39 - and it had no gadgets AT ALL. But that's me.

You probably should have done better research and test drove the car for more than you had. My salesperson offered me a full day of driving an F10 before i made my decision. All i needed was 5 minutes. I could not care less about all the technical stuffing it had. The car was the most beautiful auto on the road the interior was superb and IT DROVE LIKE A CHAMP. Those things mattered to me so i bought it. If the pleasure of driving was not there i would have bought an audi. The next best thing after BMW.
Everyone is different.
Sorry to see that you are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
In no particular order....these are some of the things I wish BMW had thought through to make the car functions more of the ultimate driver's machine

1) Parking Assist function should not need to be manually engaged when entering a parking spot with an obstruction ahead. ( This is 6 year old standard equipment in a Lexus with dynamic parking settings.)

2) Seat heaters are 'nuclear meltdown' hot and I wish we could regulate the settings to our own temperature preference for low/medium/high.

3) Auto wipers doesn't stay engaged when engine is shut off and restarted. Not very auto IMHO. (Again standard technology for most brands)

4) Navigation screen won't stay off and reboots up lit every time the car takes an action. I would prefer the screen stay off unless showing an incoming call/parking assist/etc. I don't wish the distraction of the screen and preprogramming one of my eight presets still requires me to manually shut it off every time. Again this is years old technology.

5) On my third Blackberry (Torch/Bold/Curve) and still can't get the email to work!!!! Bought a third party calendar application and it sinked no problem. Here's hoping they put out an email application to shame your lousy email/blackberry service. I am going to see my dealer for a credit back on your none functional Office software and I know I am one of many disappointed. Had I know I probably would have bought another brand of car.

Sooo BMW if you're reading these valid driver gripes, how about you upgrade the car software to make the car better!
Appreciate 0