07-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #44
TunedIn
BMW Car and Bike Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 535i, '08 750i, '12 K1300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
Z4 35iS is superb. I've driven it a few times with a manual and it is an outstanding chassis. You could equally buy the F10- and keep your current Z3 (Z3 can't be worth so much it makes a difference to your ability to buy F10).

Or you could get a new 640i with manual. That will also be a superb car - should be faster and more fun than the 535i. And the 640i is available in Deep Sea Blue.
How'd you get to drive the Z4 35is, at a dealer or a friend's ? Since you enjoy driving manuals like I do, was it tough for you as well to decide that your F10 is going to be an automatic, when the car is one of the only luxury sport sedans on the market even available with a stick ?

Yes, I could certainly keep my Z3 when I buy the 535i, and I'm leaning that way. I bought it for an absolute steal of a price from a neighbor who was the original owner, but had been keeping it parked on the street under a car cover for more than a year without driving it once. I bought it for $4,000 (!), put another $2,500 into it (new convertible top, $500 Vanos oil line repair and new oil filter housing gasket, seat-rail repair to prevent movement, some ding removal, repainted the bumper, engine detail, antenna repair, new steering wheel, etc. - but now it's in great shape, and it runs smooth and strong).

By the way, today I saw three F10's on the road: Dark Graphite, Black Sapphire, and Jet Black. I've come to the realization that 95% of all F10's on the road look boring. In fact, I have NEVER seen a single Deep Sea Blue F10 in person, either on the road or even at a dealer ! (I've seen pictures online of course). The more I think about, the more I'm leaning towards paying the damn $5,500 for Le Mans Blue just to add some excitement out there. Sad.
Appreciate 0