lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: shifting priorities for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
ACS springs

Coilovers are not for everybody. They were meant for the track and not for daily abuse. Its fine if the roads by you are prestine but otherwise stick with springs. I bent my last coilover on these damn New York potholes. They tend to be also more noisy compared to traditional springs/shocks.
Thank your for your reply, Alan! Generally speaking, roads here in Jakarta are rather crap though my daily tracks, home to work, are rather alright with smooth asphalt and the likes (permata hijau or kebayoran baru to thamrin/sudirman area and some shortcuts here and there, to those who are familiar with jakarta)

My reasoning to include the coilover as an option is I figured they were designed with shorter pistons, tubings and whatnots, to match with with shorter springs vs. stock shocks with lowering springs; thus, I'd think, coilovers should last longer than stock shocks+lowering springs combo...

On the other hand, ACS is a reputable company and been tuning BMWs for ages so if they say that their springs were designed to work with the stock shocks/dampers then it should, no?

I think too much here I guess heh heh heh heh

Last edited by lmaleke; 08-28-2012 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0