View Single Post
      10-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
diggis_tennis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i Msport

BMW Reliability

Hi Folks,

Hope everyone is doing well. I drive a 2014 528i msport and my wife drives a 2014 328i sport. Both our cars turned 3 yrs recently.

Last month I had a drivetrain issue, took into the dealership and they apparently fixed it for a couple days and the issue came up again and i had to take it back in for repairs. the week following that i had check engine light which turned out to be a thermostat issue. as soon as I picked up my car from that repair, I found out the following day that I have an engine oil leak now so I just dropped it back for repairs. Over all my car has been in the shop for 4 times in less than 4 weeks.

I have been eyeing upgrading to the new 530/540, maybe in the next year or so but am worried about the reliability of these cars. My wife's car on the contrary hasnt had any major issues (knock on wood).

Just wondering if this is how good the reliability of BMW goes or what I am going through is just bad sequence of events. Also, we buy new cars because we like the new car feel and for peace of mind for 4-5 years but looking at the recently events I am not so confident on that strategy/ approach.

any thoughts? experience around this?
Appreciate 0