Thread: BMW Reliability
View Single Post
      10-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #10
S1ammin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i MSport

Interesting subject since I bought this car last year with intention to drive it till the wheels fall off. I traded a 1990 300Zx TT that I had owned for the past 18 years, but I only put 45k miles on it during that time.

I really just got frustrated with that car because it was costing me $2-$3k per year for the last 3 or 4 years, yet I was only putting <1k of miles per year on it. Granted, part of the problem was actually not driving it enough (seals dry out, etc.), and I knew that it would cost several thousand more to get the car up to par. I never abused it, kept up on normal maintenance, but 18 years is a long time to own a used car!

Fast forward, I bought this CPO with a maintenance warranty and am struggling to do enough miles to get to the maintenance/distance milestones. I am on track to get enough miles for at least two oil changes and also brake maintenance, so what I paid for the warranty is already covered, and I feel pretty confident that based on my experience so far, barring something really catastrophic, I will own this car for a long time. I've had zero issues and it's been over one year and 8k miles so far (knock on wood).

That is my hope anyway!
Appreciate 0