10-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #18
OnlyTruth
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
Once the mechanics start messing with it, it's pretty much game over. The training, knowledge, patience, and attention to detail are lacking, so the likelihood that they'll get things right and not cause other damage is small. Once you bring it in for something of any significance, you're likely to keep bringing it in.
Exactly!

In my case regional BMW tech had no idea what he was doing trying to fix pulling to the right issue. He advised over the phone to local BMW to upgrade the software on my 2011 535 X-drive that still had a conventional steering system, not electrical which was on non X-drive models. Local BMW techs 'upgraded' non-existent software and put that on repair sheet. When I questioned him on lemon law arbitration why would he advise to upgrade non-existent software he replied that they did not inform him what model was that. So if you do not know what model you are fixing over the phone why make an advise??? And this is a regional BMW engineer with more than 20 years of experience. What do you expect form local BMW mechanics? They are trained to change windshield wipers and oil filters half-a$$ way.

When this regional BMW tech (I believe his name is Juan Lenordo who overlooks Long Island, NY) actually came to fix my car he replaced front struts and did not reveal that. I saw that few months later on carfax report that this dealership replaced them. But at that time BMW offered me a goodwill repair to replace control arms that I supposedly bent on potholes in exchange for release letter. BMW of NA has a nasty dirty business practice and they were forced to buy my car back.

So if you are willing to lease every 3 years beware that if anything happens to your car warranty repair will never fix it. BMW will do some tricks to blame you and deny warranty.

Otherwise if BMWs don't brake they are fine cars to drive I admit that.

2011 535 iX lemoned

Last edited by OnlyTruth; 10-20-2017 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: corrections
Appreciate 0