View Single Post
      07-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #28
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMeister View Post
Anyway, I'm sick and tired of this futile resistance.

"The F10 is too heavy".

-It's based on the 7-series, of course it was going to be heavier compared to the E60. Besides, the F10 has a 5-star EuroNCAP safety rating, unlike the E60's rather disappointing 4-star rating, which means the extra weight pays off for the F10 being the safest car in its class.

"The F10 has gone soft".

-I hear this BS since when BMW introduced the E36. Every new BMW is "soft" compared to the old one. The E39 was considered soft compared to the E34, the E60 was considered soft compared to the E34 and now obviously the F10 has got to be soft compared to the E60 and of course the next generation will be soft compared to the F10.

"The F10 looks bland".

-Looks are subjective. Personally I think the F10 looks much better proportioned than the E60. While it took me a while to warm the look of the E60, the F10 was instant love at first sight just like the E39. But like the E60, the F10 is not everyone's cup of tea, either. And like the E60, which was a major departure compared to the E39, the F10 is a major departure compared to the radical E60. The F10 harks back to the days of the E39 and that is a good thing IMO.

There I said it.
I agree The F10 is heavy but the engine, balance and performance more than makes up for it. I find it ridiculous that there are forummers (not necessarily from this board) who insist repeatedly that it is bland as if they have a duty to convince others. If its bland to whoever, then don't buy it. I avoided the E60 cos I dislike its looks and am looking forward to my F10 535i in a month or two.

For pharding however, his views are sincere as he test drove it and found it great, bought it and has been driving it. I'm curious why the change of opinion and his views may be helpful for some who are contemplating to buy it. I've learnt from this board about F10's options and am grateful as it helped me to decide what to order for my F10

Last edited by bm323; 07-18-2010 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0