07-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #30
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMeister View Post
If he doesn't like the car any more, just get rid of it. Simple as that.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of this futile resistance.

"The F10 is too heavy".

-It's based on the 7-series, of course it was going to be heavier compared to the E60. Besides, the F10 has a 5-star EuroNCAP safety rating, unlike the E60's rather disappointing 4-star rating, which means the extra weight pays off for the F10 being the safest car in its class.

"The F10 has gone soft".

-I hear this BS since when BMW introduced the E36. Every new BMW is "soft" compared to the old one. The E39 was considered soft compared to the E34, the E60 was considered soft compared to the E34 and now obviously the F10 has got to be soft compared to the E60 and of course the next generation will be soft compared to the F10.

"The F10 looks bland".

-Looks are subjective. Personally I think the F10 looks much better proportioned than the E60. While it took me a while to warm the look of the E60, the F10 was instant love at first sight just like the E39. But like the E60, the F10 is not everyone's cup of tea, either. And like the E60, which was a major departure compared to the E39, the F10 is a major departure compared to the radical E60. The F10 harks back to the days of the E39 and that is a good thing IMO.

There I said it.
My 2cents on the new f10.
I think bmw has gone SOFT on this one.

I really love the new interior. Love the new color combo. The exterior looks great, not as aggressive as the e60. However, I like it a lot. I drove one and with all the bell and whistles it's great. If you chose to get a car without the much needed options like dynamic handling, prem 2 pkg then the car just is very bla. I am passionate about my car and like to drive my car. If I wasn't then i would be on a lexus forum. I found the handling of the f10 a bit too soft for me. For a car costing 55k - 70k I would demand a little more. This is how I felt after the drive, it was a very nice car but just not as special. That does not mean that I will not get one, it just means I am not in a rush to get one. The option list is great and i think i could get used to it. I like the hardcore performance as well (that's why I am keeping an eye for e36 m3) With all said and done, congrats to all who got the new f10.
Appreciate 0