02-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #43
Cairo Kid
Private First Class
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M Sport Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty744 View Post
I was thinking of ordering the same paintwork but here in Russia this paintwork will stay alive until the first drive only because of climate and traffic conditions.
No idea about the place where do you live but be careful with that especially during washings. I had a lot of conversations with BMW colouring engineers about this paintwork and my conclusion about it - it's a pain. No I don't mean you need to treat it daily but any glitch or some damage or even pressure applied to it will damage it hard and ofcuz any damage to that paintwork will lead to to re-finish of a whole part.
There might be a lot of problems with re-finishing. Especially when the paint is not new.
I live in a desert climate which has certain challenges. I don't think the frozen colour is more of a pain than other BMW colours really. Instead of being "clear" the final coat is somewhat light absorbing which gives that nice patina. Any recoating will have to be done at BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
When are your wheels going to be done?
Hi. The wheels are actually finished and we're just waiting on the tires before shipping.
Appreciate 0