06-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #63
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
Oh boy.....how many more conditional clauses are you going add to your "argument" *caugh caugh*. Perhaps if you say GM pioneered the monocoque "AND" "ALL" plastic panels "AND" Mid-engine "AND" made in the USA "AND" made in 1984 "AND" driven by Efthreeoh", you might be right. Probably not.

And here is another one of your fail boat gems:

As stated before, Citroen BX, a family sedan and much of Europe had already adopted and were mass-producing plastic body panels well before that "innovative" (LOL!) Fiero.

Try and try as you might Efthreeoh, but Checkmate is checkmate.
Your original quote about the use of plastic panels:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
Further, plastic body panels were already in use on cars well before the Fiero.
Really? Well before? A whole year before? Whew, that's a lot of time in car-years. As I previously stated the BX was a contemporary of the Fiero, not like it was in development 8 years before the Fiero as comparatively is the distance in time between the Z1 and the Fiero. The Fiero and BX were concurrent developments, where as the Z1 and Fiero were not.

Again, making up arguments just so you can pretend to win them.

BTW, the Soya Bean car reference really made me laugh. Thanks for that.

Ignore the facts if you like, fine by me. You still have not proven wrong my initial statement that the Fiero developed the concept of a self-supporting monocoque chassis with bolt-on, no-load-bearing plastic panels for the body over 8 years before BMW. I'm sure when the Z1 came out in 1989, the Fiero engineers, said "Been there, done that, have the coffee mug to prove it." By the time the Z1 was "announced" in August 1986 Pontiac had already sold almost 300,000 Fieros.
Appreciate 0