View Single Post
      07-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

520d High Mileage blog

Hi everyone, took delivery of my 520d yesterday and as I'm going to do 60,000 miles a year I thought a blog of how the car performs would be of interest to those of you doing lower miles.

Spec is on my signature so I won't repeat it here, and pictures will have to wait until weekend as I'm crazy busy with work, but I already have some data to add in.

Today I drove to Manchester and back, 110 miles each way, and as I've got the journey computer on auto reset, I don't think this is too bad a performance for a brand new engine on the way home: 50.0mpg, 61.4mph average

Average speed reflects the city driving for the first 8 miles or so then busy motorway for most of the rest. Already love the LIM button for making sure I can't go too quick in town, and as my now departed E91 was a poverty-spec ES and didn't have cruise control, its been great to have that back. Steering feels a little twitchy compared to the last car, but the E91 felt virtually unassisted is was so heavy so its not a surprise.

Anyway, will post photos soon and will update this blog as I go. Will be interesting how fuel economy goes and if anything comes on on a high-mileage car thats of interest/concern! Well more of a concern than the £83 spent filling it up this morning from empty.....