View Single Post
      11-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #20
Justtinchan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 550i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
After rereading my post it didn't seem clear that I was talking about when ordering an Eisenmann exhaust; what I was wondering if the M5 spec mufflers could be ordered to fit with an M5 diffuser. Or if an Eisenmann M5 system would fit on an 550 with little or no modifications.
I tried to put a m5 meisterschaft gt system on my 550i to fit with an M5 diffuser. Alignment fit perfect with no modification needed. The only thing that need to work with is that the pipe diameter of the m5 spec muffler is slightly larger. That could be fixed easily. Once I stated the car, it sound very deep and loud. Nice sound, ....until I drove it around.
Probably due to the difference in pipes diameter, the exhaust drone A LOT! Around 1800-2000 RPM, it drone like crazy. TOTALLY UNBEARABLE. It felt like sitting in the back of a airplane while the just started to take off. It will hurt your ears IMO. So I just took it back to the muffler shop and see if anything could be done to fix it.

So, to answer your question. Yes, any M5 system could fit a 550i (They are basically using the same floor). And M5 system would fit m5 rear diffuser. But, there are just that much things you need to work with to deal with the Unexpected.
Appreciate 0