Thread: Your opinions
View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #20
IaHawk
Rep
Drives: 550i x-drive Msport Dinan mods

I have a different opinion than some of the folks here. I've driven M cars for the last 10 years - both M5 and more recently an M3. I did love my 2008 space gray M3, but it is a tight squeeze inside in my view. It's designed to fit you like a glove. Plus, I live in Wi and wanted AWD. Both the M5 and M3 were a lot of fun to drive and were awesome to look at. However I have zero regrets on my new 550i xdrive - added Dinan stage 2, suspension and exhaust right out of the dealer. It has much more power than the M3 and is a very classy ride. All that being said though, I've got several decades on you and my gut feel is the M3 is for a bit younger crowd if you're looking for an everyday drive mainly because its quite a bit rougher ride than the 550i and your back and rear may be able to tolerate it on an everyday basis. However, I think the stock suspension on the 550i is way too soft for my tastes - the Dinan suspension for the 550i fits nicely in between that of the M3 and the stock 550i.

2008 M3 Space Gray - retired

2000 M5 Carbon Black - retired
Appreciate 0