View Single Post
      10-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
blkcofy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 550i GT Sport Dinan

Not happy??? Granted, it would have been nice to get this level of performance at Stage 1...but for less than it costs to replace a Run Flat, you get all this...

You do realize that the $105,000 2012 M5 posts 552 HP and just 501 ft-lbs! I'm not saying we can whoop a M5 from a standing start...not with all our extra girth...but I'm just sayin'!....it ain't leaving us behind by too much!

[From Dinan's Newsletter]

NEW: Stage 2 Performance Engine Software/Boost Upgrade

After many hours of further research, tuning and testing we have improved on our hugely popular Stage 1 Performance Software. Our team was able to make Stage 2 much faster by improving turbo response across the power-band. This tuning is especially noticeable in the first two gears, now catapulting the car off the line. Tuned for a smooth power-band to put down predictable and even power in all gears and throttle positions. This smoothness improves the quality of the shifting and the overall driveability.

From a standing start (with the traction control fully disengaged) all it takes is the press of the throttle to the floor to get the tires spinning. The everyday practicality of a full size sedan with the fun of a sports car, this is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice".

550i Gran Turismo Performance:
501 HP @ 5000 RPM
580 FT-LBS @ 3500 RPM
550i GT Black Sapphire Metallic w/ Ivory White and Black Nappa Leather, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Black Foose Legend Staggered 20s, DVDinMotion software, H&R Lowering Springs, Black Kidney Grill swap, and the Dinan Stage 2 Performance Software: 501 HP @ 5000 RPM / 580 FT-LBS @ 3500 RPM (w/ Cobra iRadar)
Appreciate 0