View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 04:24 AM   #66
BestManWins
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: G30 530i Msports

Hi everybody,

After suffering months of hesitation problem, especially worse when the steering is turned (like while trying to make a u-turn and awaiting oncoming traffic to clear), I tried the TBA and must report that it worked wonderfully!

The sluggish N55 535i sprang back to life! Fuel consumption also improved markedly and throttle response is back to its original state.

But, like many others here, the solution is at best temporary. After a couple of weeks, the same old problem returns.

Its very annoying (and definitely dangerous) to have the engine hunting (much like not all the spark plugs are functioning) and the engine seemed to be stalling anytime - and even more so when one needs to drive away faster than the oncoming traffic in a u-turn.

After numerous flashing of the s/w and seeing no solution, the dealer informed me more than a moth ago that a new software that especially addresses this issue is coming and I am still waiting. When I escalated this issue to the BMW regional rep office, I was told that they are looking at Sept for the new s/w.

That s/w will be the last straw ... somebody's back gotta break!