headlee103
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine335TT View Post
I guess it's just personal opinion then.. I'd prefer to see a fight "finished" any day over leaving it to the judges. Hense I'm not a fan of fighters that merely fight for "points".

What did you think of the Rashad vs Rampage fight? When I watch fights like that I get the perception that one fighter is afraid to engage the other. Dancing all over the octagon. It looked like Rampage was ready to throw down and Rashad kept running circles around him just to win with a few takedowns. Edgar on the other hand used his movement to his advantage and looked to strike or shoot from that action, not just for show.

I'll give Edgar the benefit of the doubt in that if he did have knock-out power, he would have had a good chance of KO'ing BJ since he did land a lot of solid punches. If you look at his record it's almost all decisions. He was definitely too quick for BJ. And that one HUGE takedown shocked the world I'm sure.

And you're right, I do enjoy watching old UFC and Pride fights. So much more entertaining imho. I respect fighters like Machida, Rashad, etc., but would much more prefer to watch someone like Shogun do damage. I loved how Chael Sonnen took it to Anderson Silva. Now that was a fun fight to watch!
I completely agree... thats what I was trying to get at with my last post but just couldnt quite get the words to come out.

I guess when thinking about Edgar I dont really put him in the same category as Machida or Rashad. I too hate watching them fight because they dance around more than anything. When Rashad fought Rampage, I wanted Rampage to KO him one time when he was bouncin in and out all cocky, and I know Rampage was thinkin the same thing just couldnt get it to land.

Like you said also, Edgar is a small guy... only wrestled 141 in college and barely cut any weight at all for that. So Im guessing on a normal day he hovers around 155 or 160, where as most 155ers are walking around at 175 if not higher in between fights.

2007 AW 328xi
SOLD
19" Gunmetal Forgestar F14's / H & R Sport Springs / OEM Aero Lip & Rear Bumper / RD-V2 Angel Eyes / AFE CAI / BMS PBX
Appreciate 0