05-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #12
DieselWeasel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335d|'11 535i|'13 X3 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba View Post
Diesel, do you mind telling me what software update they difto eliminate the lag? Do you have a wotksheet order or a number that I can mention to the dealership? Was there a PUMA? It seems I am going to pull the trigger on this one but maybe I should get this update first then install the JB3. Cheers.

MBA
I have no idea what they did, the description is extremely vague on my paperwork. My car is out in the shop at the moment getting suspension installed but I'll give whatever details I can once it comes off the rack. Originally I complained to my dealer about the lag and about the front end groaning from the suspension and they were both fixed with software only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
So you have the N55 Stage 1 installed in your 535i?
Yes. And it freakin' rocks. Seriously, to all you folks looking at this as an option, I have the technical abilities of a goldfish but it literally, and I mean literally only took 15-20 minutes. If you look at the instructions here http://burgertuning.com/instructions/n55_stage1.pdf you will see how easy it truly is.

As for the performance that everyone has been asking about...I couldn't be more pleased. I don't plan on going crazy with this car, I just wanted a little kick in the ass, and this gave me exactly that. I cannot stress enough, it is not a "maybe I can feel it, maybe I can't," it is a freaking night and day difference and even if it didn't make more power I'd do it again just for the "lagfix."
Appreciate 0