03-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #110
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yessir, that car really shines at the strip, and I almost got it because it reminds me most of a muscle car; the Camaro and Mustang are pony cars. Believe me, I'm not knocking the Hemi or the Challenger, I was just saying they don't make the 5.0-equipped cars look slow. I think stock the Challenger has a decent advantage in the 1320 over the 5.0 GT (it's a few tenths of a second I think, which is a good amount). But it doesn't exactly relegate the 5.0 to embarrassment. Don't forget though, that the Boss has the "5.slow" and also runs low 12's stock. In fact, this may be a bit OT, but as a Shelby guy I was amazed by this:

141 trap with I think only a KB, injectors, DRs and a tune. I'd have to do quite a bit to the Shelby to get it anywhere near 141. That Boss is a damn good car and that Coyote really deserves all the accolades it gets. Too bad it's mated to a POS of a transmission.
Yes, the Boss 302 is a 5.0 but it also has a different intake (good for higher RPMs), an increased RPM range and more power. It hooks good, running 12.3s and maybe .1 or .2 faster. But that is also a total different beast compare to the GT. But the trans is a chinese POS that they need to revise and make better. I know all about the issue's the 5.0 was having when it came out, like the #7 and #8 psiton's then the trans grinding or not going into gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
"...and "5.slow"?? Are you f'n kidding me? Slow compared to what? Not a 328. Not a 335. Not an M3. Most certainly NOT any of the Hemi vehicles (even the 392). ZR-1 yeah. GT-R yeah. etc...
Which I was referring to in your orginal post (above)....so a Boss 302 is on par, maybe a tad slower, with a Challenger 392 (12.2x) in the 1/4 and faster than the 5.0 or GT which runs a best of 12.7. Which I have seen personally and he still had temp tags on it and this was a couple of months after the 5.0 was on the street.

I thought it people understood the Mustang GT as the 5.0 now and the Boss 302 as well.....Boss 302.
Appreciate 0