View Single Post
      08-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
rd62
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEby View Post
Let the car cool off over night. The direction say to remove the braces on the corners, I didn't. If you have small enough hands it isn't required. Use a very thin blade screwdriver or small pick, the longer and finer the better to flex the retaining tabs on the connectors. Getting the connectors off is the toughest part. Don't flex tabs too far, don't want to break them and avoid pulling on the wires.

Finding a home for the unit under the hood can be a bit challenging. I put it where I think BMS recommend, under the panel that flips up on the right side near the firewall close to the hood hinge. There's a little slot you remove the seal gizmo thing and run the cables through. The panel will stick up a tiny bit from inference with the box. Doesn't seem to hurt anything. First time you close the hood make sure the hinge is clearing the control box.

I've removed and reinstalled mine three or so times when I've taken my car in for warranty work. I can do in about 3 minutes tops now.

Mike
Any issues with the warranty work? Any codes thrown by the BMS? Is your warranty through BMW or a third party?
Appreciate 0