11-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #21
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardawg26 View Post
I check with my dealer here in Germany; and was told that the rear vents only blows out cold air unless you ordered the rear climate control and then the hot air only comes out of you side vents mounted on the door frame between the rear and front doors, so the rear vents are for ac only; the only heat that blows to the rear are a set of small vents under your front seat that's blows hot air to rear. Was told that BMW design the car that way and that with the car being so air tight that this seems to work, the temperature here has being in the low teens for a while and I have not had any issues with the rear passengers not being warm enough, some time I have been told it's to warm, I keep my settings set to two clicks on the dial. He also stated that for a car that size it's takes more vents to cool the car than to heat it.
Wrong. I'm out in my car right now which has the 4-zone CC and even with the temp set at 84 and the dial turned to blue I still get warm/hot air from the center vents AND the B-pillar vents and cold air when I turn it to 60 and turn the dials to blue.

Somethings off with the OP's system if it's blowing out pure cold air. It should at LEAST be sorta lukewarm.
Attached Images