08-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #65
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman550 View Post
WOW. Im receiving my F10 550 later today or tomorrow and I already have new wider wheels in a bigger rim size. I will drive them both and see if there are any differences in the drive quality or any different in pull factor. I am putting on a staggered set of Breyton Race GTS's with 20x8.5 up front and 245 tires and in the rear they will be 20x10 and 285 tires. I hope they fit without any rubbing since they were fine with the old 5 series but I believe this is a smaller wheel well. We will see what the outcome is and I will post my findings here. I think that the wider tires may provide some type of adittional steering firmness but lets see what happens.
When you pick up your new 2011 550i today I would strongly suggest that you drive it around well before you switch out the OEM rims and tires and make sure you don't have this pulling problem. Some dealerships will blame pulling on the different rims and tires you put on, and that may become a nightmare for you. Just my Two cents.
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0